A key partnership that is long established and integrated into school provision in a wide variety of ways. The consortium consists of six primary schools and one secondary school that work closely together to provide numerous opportunities and benefits to children, staff, parents and governors of the schools involved.
Cartmel Consortium Schools are:
- Allithwaite CE Primary School
- Cartmel CE Primary School
- Cartmel Priory CE Secondary School
- Flookburgh CE Primary School
- Grange CE Primary School
- Lindale CE Primary School
- Leven Valley CE Primary School
Ongoing and recent collaborations include:
Football tournament :: Headteacher meetings :: Olympic Event :: KS1 Multiskills Festival :: PE Co-ordinator meetings :: Staff Literacy Training :: Y6 Transition :: Skylab science :: Y6 Science lessons :: Joint procurement :: theatre visits :: Y2 Transition Art Project :: WWII Project :: Early Years Support Group
South Lakes Rural Partnership (SLRP)
The South Lakes Rural Partnership was formed in late 2012 to support primary and secondary schools in the south lakes area (outside Kendal) in their continued school improvement processes. Funding is received through grants and school subscriptions to employ a part-time executive officer and run projects for the 30+ schools involved in SLRP. A diverse range of projects, initiatives and services are currently in operation, all highly valued by member schools:
- Family Support and Child Counselling Service;
- Network Groups: for staff to share and develop good practice in specific subject areas, for example, Early Years, Special Educational Needs and Leadership;
- Staff professional development and training: covering a wide variety of current issues and needs as determined by the member schools;
- Peer Reviews: senior staff offer peer reviews to support ongoing school improvement;
- Joint Projects: current projects include the Global Learning Programme and an arts project;
- Procurement of Services: a number of contracts have been procured on behalf of member schools, resulting in significant economies and savings.
The Diocese of Carlisle : Growing Disciples
As a Church of England voluntary aided primary school we work closely with the Carlisle Diocese on a regular basis. Visit the Carlisle Diocese website by clicking here to find out more.
School Nurse Service
We work closely with the South Lakes School Nursing Team to support children and families throughout their time at primary school. School Nurses take over from Health Visitors as children reach school age, they are on hand to offer advice on a wide range of subjects and issues including bedwetting, behaviour, growing up and puberty, toileting and healthy eating.
If you would like to talk to a School Nurse please contact them directly on 01539 718010 or ask in school and we can put you in touch.
Or alternatively arrange an online E-School Nurse Video Clinic appointment, click below for details.
Click below for more information about the E-School Nurse Video Clinic.
For more information check out their website here.
We work closely with the West South Children's Centre based at Milnthorpe and Flookburgh. Below are links to their newsletters that give you an idea of the services and support they offer. Please feel free to get in touch with them if you have any queries.
West South Lakeland Children’s Centre (Milnthorpe)
Firs Road, Milnthorpe, LA7 7QF
Phone: 0845 543 6918 / 01228 888 434
West South Lakeland Children’s Centre (Flookburgh)
Winder Lane, Flookburgh, LA11 7LE
Phone: 0845 543 6918 / 01228 888 434
CASL and LASL(South)
Cumbria Alliance of System Leaders, initiated by Heads of Secondary Schools and Primary Schools, supported by Cumbria Local Authority, National College for School Leadership, Diocese and the University of Cumbria has set up a structure to take forward the vision set out in the 2010 White Paper "The Importance of Teaching".
"We will make sure that schools are in control of their own improvement and make it easier for them to learn from one another"