Early Years & Key Stage 1
The Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 curriculum is based on a 3-year topic cycle. The topics are cross-curricular to inspire and stimulate the children in their learning. Visits and visitors are integrated into the planning to further enhance the topic and bring it to life.
Key Stage 2
We have a 4-year topic plan for the junior children: subjects are taught through the topics wherever appropriate to engage and excite the children and help them develop links in their learning. The topics are enriched with visits and/or visitors in school to give the children first hand experiences and provide stimulus for their work in school.
A few points to note:
Coverage is in line with Primary Curriculum 2014.
- 4 year cycle delivered to all KS2 children
- Balance of history and geography focuses through each year and over the 4 years.
- Art and Technology are incorporated and taught through the topics wherever appropriate.
- Visits, visitors and enrichment activities are included in each topic.
- Science, Computing, RE and Music are usually taught as discreet subjects on a 2 year cycle.
- French is taught to all junior aged children.